Insalata's receives Bib Gourmand from Michelin for it's 7th year in a row. Our goal at Insalata's has always been to bring luscious Mediterranean food, gracious service and a warm atmosphere to our diners. For over 15 years we have shared this experience of intimate dining and joyful celebrations in a variety of ways. First and foremost as a fine dining restaurant with our beautiful private Siena room in which to sit and relax and enjoy a meal. We also offer take out dining for those days when time is of the essence, or catered affairs where we bring great food and staff into your home or venue. Our guests have become family and we have grown together in the community in which we all live and work. Everyone at Insalata's is extremely proud to be a part of this extended "village" family. Taylor Carnes Head Chef Taylor Carnes brings creativity and passion to every dish he develops. A former valet at Insalata’s, Carnes trained at the Napa Valley Cooking School and quickly worked his way up the kitchen ranks to head cuisine. When not at the restaurant, he bikes Mt. Tamalpais in Marin County or experiments with delicious new recipes with friends and family. Bruce Johnstone Pastry Chef Bruce is steeped in American dessert traditions. At Insalata’s, he melds his knack for creating playful spins on American classics with Heidi’s love of seasonal, Mediterranean desserts. Few things make him happier than creating centerpieces for our events or developing new designs for seasonal cookies and cupcakes. Heidi & Mark Krahling Owners Heidi Krahling became a chef during California’s culinary coming of age in the 1980s. She and her husband, Mark Krahling, opened Insalata’s in 1996 and both have worked hard to make it a central part of the San Anselmo community. Today, Heidi is the mama-in-residence, guiding her culinary team while Mark ensures that the restaurant’s myriad components run smoothly. Their goal has always been to provide gracious service and delicious Mediterranean-inspired food to their guests while taking care of their teams of chefs and servers.
120 Sir Francis Drake Blvd
San Anselmo, California 94960
Cross Street: Barber
Public Transit: Sir Francis Drake at Barber
Parking Details: We have a wrap around horse shoe parking lot. Valet is available Monday - Friday day. The charge is $2.00.
- Payment Options: AMEX, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Insalata's is a full service on-site Fine Dining experience for events of 25 to 800. Contact Chris Engel at (415)332-3277 for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy Dining in Insalata’s private dining Room. Available for lunch, brunch or dinner for a maximum of 40 guests, we provide luscious food in an inviting room of cherry wood and warm colors. For parties of 40 to 60, enjoy sitting on our mezzanine level for semi private dining under the beautiful paintings of opulent pears, plums and peaches by artist Laura Parker. Menus are designed to showcase the freshest seasonal produce and local ingredients. Our wine list is carefully crafted to compliment your feast. The entire restaurant is available for parties of 60 -150. Whether you are celebrating a baptism, bar mitzvah, birthday, wedding or anniversary, Insalata’s will help you create a memorable event.
- Private Party Contact: Angela Salvemini (415) 457-7700
- Special Events & Promotions: Please join us every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday night to enjoy a 3-Course menu paired with wine for your enjoyment. $29.50 per person or try one item à la carte