Perched on Montara Beach overlooking the Pacific Ocean, La Costanera is a contemporary Peruvian restaurant serving coastal cuisine of Latin America. Experience the culinary richness of Peru at La Costanera, a modern Peruvian fusion restaurant opened its doors October 2, 2009. The scenic California coast in Montara, overlooks the Pacific, just a short, beautiful drive from San Francisco (21 miles). The space is grand, with floor to ceiling windows, three stories, and 10,000 square feet of oceanfront space, beach views and sea breeze every dinner is garanteed an ocean view. We also offer a full bar, domestic and imported Peruvian beers and a hand selected wine list. Come try our Pisco Sour – a classic Peruvian cocktail – and experience all that La Costanera has to offer... Our Chef From the mountainous coastal region of Southern Peru where he was born, Chef Carlos Altamirano incorporates his natural understanding of authentic Peruvian ingredients with his passion for cooking to create for you a truly unique Latin American experience, unlike any other. A native of Peru, Altamirano began his culinary career as a teen, working alongside his mother. In 1994 Chef Altamirano left his homeland for San Francisco and honed his craft as an apprentice to some of the City’s best known chefs: Reed Hearon, Rose Pistola and Restaurant Lulu, Bob Helstorm, Grand Café and Kuleto’s, Dave and Ann Gingrass, Hawthorne Lane, and Bradley Ogden, One Market Restaurant. He then opened Mochica in January, 2004, Piqueos in 2007, which resulted in extensive critical acclaim and a loyal clientele. People have been flocking to his South of Market location ever since. Here he has masterfully created a beautiful interpretation of Peruvian fusion cuisine, which quickly made Mochica a destination restaurant known for its compelling cuisine. Chef Altamirano’s creations are always made with authentic Peruvian ingredients many of them brought to him regularly from Peru to enhance the true taste of this amazing Latin American cuisine. His love and respect for great food is the cornerstone of Mochica’s menu, concept, and reputation.
8150 Cabrillo Highway
Half Moon Bay, Montara, California 94037
Parking: Private Lot
Parking Details: We offer 55 Free Parking Spaces.
- Payment Options: AMEX, MasterCard, Visa
- Cuisine: Peruvian, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Carlos Altamirano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Eric Canupp for more details.
- Entertainment: New Events Coming Soon.... Please Check Back
- Special Events & Promotions: Please contact Eric Canupp for more details.