The Inn San Francisco
Capturing the romantic spirit of the Victorian era, The Inn San Francisco invites you to be our guest and discover bed and breakfast comfort and hospitality with warmth that is distinctly San Franciscan. This San Francisco inn has been lovingly and thoughtfully restored to create an inviting ambiance of past splendor and elegance. Classical music, candlelight, and the fragrance of roses set a mood that takes you back in time...a time enhanced by ornate woodwork, oriental carpets and marble fireplaces, in the grand double parlors amidst the sparkle of stained and beveled glass. Our B&B in San Francisco is centrally located in one of San Francisco’s oldest and most historic residential neighborhoods near the Mission Dolores—about 16 blocks into the heart of the city from Union Square. We survived the fire after the 1906 earthquake by one block. From our rooftop sun deck, you can see Twin Peaks, Cathedral Hill, City Hall, Union Square, the Financial District and The Bay Bridge. Our beautiful San Francisco accommodations are surrounded by the colorful neighborhoods of Noe Valley, The Castro, The Civic Center, and South of Market. Our San Francisco Inn is centrally located to all Tourist Attractions, Downtown, Union Square, the Theatre District, Davies Symphony Hall, The Opera House, and Moscone Convention Center. Step back in time into our 1872 mansion. Our San Francisco Bed and Breakfast Inn provides a generous breakfast buffet in the grand double parlors or garden patio. The property features antiques, fresh flowers, sundeck and hot tub, telephones, Hi-Def cable flat screen televisions, and parking available at the hotel. Our nearby Bay Area activities include excellent restaurants, museums, dining, theaters and convenient public transportation. Originally built on Mansion Row in the early 1870's, this historic twenty-seven room Italianate Victorian San Francisco Bed and Breakfast inn was the home of John English, his wife, and their seven children. A San Francisco City Commissioner, English, dubbed "The Potato King" for his vast holdings in potato commodities, also raised champion race horses on the surrounding grounds. Every year since 2011, our Inn has received the honor of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award that celebrates excellence in hospitality and consistent outstanding traveler reviews. See for yourself why our guests rate our accommodations so highly, whether you are seeking San Francisco accommodations for a relaxing vacation, some city business or visiting family or friends, our aim is to make your stay with us and the City of San Francisco, a most pleasurable one. Mission Dolores Neighborhood Looking for Bay Area attractions in San Francisco? The Inn San Francisco is ideally located in the sunniest part of the City near Mission Dolores. This area was full of small lakes, rivers and marshes and home to several tribes of Indians, and then came the Spanish Franciscan Friars who chose our neighborhood to build their first mission. Built of wood it was destroyed by fire, so in 1791 they built a more permanent structure of four foot thick adobe brick and it still stands today on Dolores Street at 16th, about eight blocks from the Inn. Mission Dolores is the oldest building in San Francisco and has a small cemetery and museum with documents and relics from the City's founding and early period. Today, the Mission Dolores is home to a vibrant neighborhood known for its wide assortment of restaurants, small shops, boutiques, galleries and colorful murals. Our San Francisco bed and breakfast is close to public transportation, drug stores, book shops, banks and their ATM's, fruit and grocery stores. We estimate that there are at least 140 places to eat or order food within ten blocks of the Inn. We have a local neighborhood map listing at least 75 restaurants and cafes that we provide for our guests.
943 South Van Ness Avenue
Mission District, San Francisco, California 94110
- On warm sunny days you may choose to breakfast in our flower-filled garden. Nestled in the shade of an old fig tree, an enchanting gazebo shelters the hot tub. Or perhaps you would enjoy the panoramic view of San Francisco from our rooftop sundeck. At our San Francisco B and B, WiFi is complimentary.
- Two Grand Victorian drawing rooms open 24 hours for the use of all our guests. Spacious with comfortable seating, two decorative fireplaces, with complimentary beverages 24 hours, including regular coffee, decaf, hot water for a dozen flavors of tea, hot chocolate and California Sherry. Breakfast is served in these drawing rooms daily from 7:00 am until 11:00 am. Trays allow you to take the breakfast to your rooms, the roof deck or the garden. There is also a refrigerator with sodas, bottled water, fruit juices for a nominal fee. There is also a bathroom in the lobby for the use of our guests.
- The roof deck is also accessible 24 hours with a 360 degree view of the City. Comfortable seating and tables are availble. Views are spectacular in both the day and evening.
- Our English style garden is open 24 hours and boasts blooms 12 months of the year. Shaded by huge avocado and California walnut trees it features a gazebo with a redwood hot tub. The tub is available for use 24 hours a day for the use of all our guests.
- The hot tub is open 24 hours for guests use, no reservations required, on a first come basis. Robes and extra towels are provided. We only ask that since it is open for your use during the night that after 10 pm and before 10 am that you respect the other guests and remain quiet, with kissing and hugging allowed but no laughing, giggling, and tickling. Make sure to bring your swim suits.
- Our San Francisco bed and breakfast inn provides hairdryers, irons and ironing boards, fans or heaters on request.
- Secured parking directly across the street from The Inn is available on request and we provide a garage door genie so you may arrive and exit 24 hours a day at your convenience. The Inn has only ten spaces so make the reservation for parking at the time of your room reservation. Note that not all spaces accommodate over sized vehicles so the larger spaces are on a 'first come' basis.
- This San Francisco b and b is ideally located in the sunniest part of the city near Mission Dolores, Showplace Square, and the Civic and Convention Centers, and is convenient by public transportation to Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, and Golden Gate Park.
- Our friendly staff will be pleased to assist you with local tour and recreational information, travel arrangements, dinner reservations, or to handle your special requests for any occasion.